Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award


The very lovely OEBooks has nominated me for the The Versatile Blogger Award. WOO HOO!!!  Thanks OEBooks. This is wonderfully encouraging.


I hope I get this right because I'm kinda new to the blogging life. I gather that I must now do 2 things.

 1) Admit 7 random things about me, and
 2) Pass it along to 5 other Versatile Bloggers.

Talking about myself is hard for me but I'm going to give this a shot
  1. I am an only child. I am not sure how I feel about that. Some days I'm glad and some days not so much.
  2. I used to write poetry when I was a kid. Rhymes actually. I vaguely remember one about a silly bunny. I haven't tried my hand at writing poems in the past 20 years.
  3. I started my career as a web designer but switched to writing almost instantly. Now I wouldn't know HTML if it hit me on the nose.
  4. I have a diary where I write letters to my 2 year old son. Just random bits about whats happening in our lives and what I feel. I hope to give it to him when he's all grown up.
  5. I used to be very possessive about my things when I was younger. Somewhere along the way I realized that its the people and not the things you need to hold on to. 
  6. I am constantly fighting the temptation to buy more books than I have the time to read. So far I'm not winning the fight.
  7. I tried to learn swimming thrice and couldn't do it. I don't know what it is, but I just cant swim apparently. Which is a pity because I love the thought of being in a pool.
Phew! I'm glad thats done. Now on to the fun part. The 5 other blogs I nominate are:
  1. Owl Reads
  2. Shredded Cheddar
  3. The Reading Life
  4. Thinking About Loud
  5. All Things Jill-Elizabeth
They are all fun and interesting blogs written by friendly and talented bloggers. I definitely reccomend checking them out, for anyone interested in books.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for this kind award-I am honored to be in such good company and to receive your kind award

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you! I recently wrote about what it means to be a versatile writer (though I haven't yet shared facts about myself). That's the hard part, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Che!! I'm thrilled of course, and am writing my combination thank you/bragging post about the award now, so you'll see a pingback soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Thanks for the follow! I'd click your GFC but I'm already a follower! haha

    Already a fan of three of the blogs you awarded and I will be visiting the other too. Versatile bloggers/blogs are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I love the idea of #4. I tried starting one when I was expecting my first but it died a rather fast death when numbers 2, 3 and 4 came along. I just couldn't keep up. Now I regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! Thank you so much. Congratulations on your own award!

    ReplyDelete
  7. +JMJ+

    Thank you for this award. =)

    I'm a poor swimmer, too, but I can float and doggy paddle. If that's what you mean, then you're not too badly off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mel u You are very welcome.

    Miss Good on Paper I loved your write up on the subject.

    Jill Elizabeth I loved your bragging post. Just read it. You are very welcome

    Lesa Thanks for dropping by

    Dana I'll be lucky if I can keep up the letter writing until kid 2 comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sabrina Thank you

    Enbrethiliel I'm afraid I can only sink like a stone Lol. Also, you are welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats CHE!

    And thanks so much for nominating me. Made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete